The Church also supports and subscribes to the basis of faith of the
Evangelical Alliance, which follows :
"Evangelical Christians accept wholeheartedly the revelation of God
given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess
the faith therein set forth and summarised in such historic
statements of the Christian Church as the Apostles' and Nicene
Creeds. They here explicitly assert doctrines which they regard as
crucial to the understanding of the Faith, and which issue in
practical Christian living and the worldwide proclamation of the Gospel.
1. The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
2. The divine inspiration of the Holy Scripture and its consequent
entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith
3. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall,
making man subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
4. The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the
sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
5. The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith
alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
6. The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of
God the Holy Spirit.
7. The unity and common priesthood of all true believers, who together
form the one universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head.
8. The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ.